Here at Griffin, we take plumbing seriously. As luxurious as it is to live in the day and age we are in, the amenities in our home can be dangerous if they aren’t maintained. One of the added bonuses we often include in our visits are whole home inspections. Not only do we seek to anticipate disasters before they strike, we want to make sure our clients are safe. One of the worst things that can happen in your home, and that we have unfortunately encountered, are carbon monoxide leaks. Today our Nipomo plumbers are explaining the dangers of carbon monoxide, and how you can avoid serious problems with this life threatening gas.
Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless, and tasteless gas that can lead to poisoning overtime if inhaled. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can happen suddenly, and include: headaches, dizziness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion. If caught in time, these symptoms can be reversed. If not, the effects can be fatal. Check out this video about one of our technicians who saved the day in an unknown carbon monoxide leak.
Carbon monoxide is a result of the combustion process when fuel is burned. Dangerous leaks can come from your home’s:
- Gas Clothes Dryer
- Gas Stoves
- Gas Water Heaters
- Fireplaces, Wood and Pellet Burning Stoves
- Space Heaters
So how do you prevent carbon monoxide leaks? The two best ways are to install a carbon monoxide detector, and have your appliances regularly checked and serviced. Carbon monoxide detectors can be individually set up, or linked to one another to create a warning network inside your home. Check batteries regularly for these devices, as they do require changing. Having your appliances regularly inspected by our friendly plumbers in Nipomo is also a great way to protect yourself and your home. With our Griffin Guardian Plan, you can avoid costly and inconvenient emergency service calls.
Give us a call at (805) 934-1949, and we will be happy to have one of our professional plumbers meet with you to go over the details, and ensure your home is safe. At Griffin Plumbing, it is the right fix the first time, every time.