Griffin’s Lompoc local plumbers are at your service when you need it most. They also happen to have more than a few interesting plumbing facts up their sleeve. From water wise statistics to funny historical tidbits – read on for seven fast plumbing facts below:
- John Harrington invented the flushing toilet in 1596, which is why it is often called ‘the John’.
- Low-flow toilets can save up to 18,000 gallons of water every year. Looking to save? Call Griffin’s Lompoc plumbing pros to install a low-flow toilet that can immediately lower your monthly water bill!
- Evidence of indoor plumbing has been found in Egyptian palaces dating back to 2500 B.C.
- If you have a leaky faucet that drips twice per minute, you’ll waste over a gallon of water in one week. Don’t let your faucet drip on for days – give Griffin Plumbing a call and Lompoc’s local plumbers will be happy to fix your faucet.
- The first stall in a row of public toilets is the cleanest because it is used the least.
- Toilet flushing consumes an average of 38% of a U.S. household’s water usage.
- Toilets are flushed more during the Super Bowl halftime than any other time of year.
- Believe it or not, water can be a serious danger in your own home. Hot water at 140 degrees will lead to 3rd degree burns after only 5 seconds.
- Wood-a-ya know? Some pipes in the 1800s were created by hallowing out wood.
Lompoc plumbing woes? Call the pros! When it comes to Lompoc plumbing services, the Griffin Plumbing team is committed to delivering the right fix the first time, every time. Need emergency assistance? Call our Lompoc plumbers day or night at (805) 934-1949.