With the holidays upon us, we’re all familiar with all the things that go into transforming our homes for the festive season ahead. Bright and cheery external lighting, garland and holiday decorations everywhere, and of course a brightly adorned tree to gather around for celebrative gatherings are all part and parcel of the season.
But what about the bathroom? Outside of a scented candle here and a decorative hand towel there, it’s often overlooked when it comes to the yearly holiday glow up. So our helpful Santa Maria plumbers have come up with some tips on ways to transform your bathroom for the holiday season.
Catch up on Repairs
First comes the foundation, and taking care of all the little repairs that you’ve been putting off is a great way to begin a bathroom transformation. After all, with all the holiday guests you and your bathroom will be receiving, it only makes sense. Small leaks have a way of turning into bigger problems, and you wouldn’t want a flooded bathroom floor in the middle of that holiday dinner. Does the sink drip when you turn it off? Is the shower drain a little slower than usual? Does the toilet sometimes run after you flush it? Address those issues now.
Little Updates, Big Impact
It doesn’t have to be a full bathroom remodel to achieve an impactful transformation. There are plenty of ways to get a lot of bang for your buck and still spruce up the space. Here’s a quick checklist:
- Paint: it’s amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do when it comes to rejuvenating a space.
- Replace old hardware: new sink fixtures, cabinet knobs and towel hangers are relatively inexpensive to replace and upgrade and can really add new life to a bathroom.
- Upgrade lighting: there are myriad options out there to change your bathroom’s lighting; think about options that create a sense of tranquility, especially for the holiday season.
- Rug and window treatment combos: A new throw rug is always a good idea in the bathroom, but this year try a coordinated combo with window treatment like curtains. If you have a shower curtain, you can add that to the mix as well.
- Hang removable wallpaper: another quick and easy way to transform a space is this relatively inexpensive wallpaper that can be easily replaced for the seasons.
- Get organized: Removing clutter is probably the best way to make a space inviting, and adding a cabinet or set of shelves is an easy way to do it.
Decorate for the Season
Lastly comes the fun part. Decorate for the season to your heart’s content. Swapping out towels for those of the festive variety covered in holy, reindeer and Santa is a good start. Rugs and bathmats can also be replaced with seasonal options. Of course, there’s an endless variety of scented candles, soaps and lotions for the season. Hanging greenery, wreaths and garland is also a nice touch.
All of these touches from our helpful Santa Maria plumbers will go a long way toward transforming your bathroom to help create a memorable holiday season for your family and friends. As you’re preparing your bathroom for holiday guests and events this year, don’t hesitate to get in touch with any questions or for help with the bigger plumbing problems. We’re always a call or click away.